Iraq Energy Institute – UK Ministry of Electricity – Iraq
Senior Adviser of the former Minister of Electricity HE Dr LuayAlKhatteeb
- Advising the Minister of Electricity on sector reform, corporatization, and modernization.
- Conducting power system integrity studies focusing on technical and non- technical losses reduction, optimal fleet fuel utilization, T&D grid expansion and tariffcollection.
- Liaising with the World Bank, European Union and the IFC to supportIraq’s proposed National Renewable Energy Program.
- Supporting and reviewing the International Energy Agency reports onIraq’s energy sector.
- Assessing the potential of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) inreformingState-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) in the power sector and their role in grid rehabilitation and integrity.
- Preparing an analytical data overview of Iraq’s electricity grid losses from generation to final consumption with an emphasis on the establishment of energy savingstandards.