I was appointed as Project Manager to provide engineering and project management support for
USAID Afghanistan’s Afghanistan Engineering Support Program (AESP)/Office of Infrastructure,
Engineering and Energy (OIEE).
- Involved on behalf of USAID AESP/OIEE in negotiations for identification, scrutinizing and
prequalifying IPP to enter the Afghan market, appraising potential power projects, developing
the procurement, tender and award procedures.
- prepare and review IPP contract conditions and MFS documents; provide economic evaluations
of projects’ capex and opex estimation;
- evaluation and due diligence of the existing facilities and infrastructures for rehabilitation and
- Develop capacity building for local engineers by enhancing opportunities to serve on several
projects including installation of new 220kV substation near Salang tunnel,
- Evaluation and upgrading of the electricity distribution system for the city of Kabul and
installation of distribution network for Hesar-e-Shani Industrial Park.
- Development of working procedures for high voltage planning interconnection between south
and north transmission network.
- Represent USAID on the tender committees for generation and transmission projects.
- Asset valuation of Kabul electricity distribution utility network service provider assets on behalf
of the Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS).
- DABS generation corporation’s assets for regulatory purposes and in preparation for the sale of
certain assets in the Afghanistan.
- Project management of the design of Salang tunnel 66/11kV substations along with USACE.
- Economic rationalization of the overhead transmission and distribution lines for Hesar-e-Shani