I was appointed as Project Engineer to provide engineering and technical support to QEWC on all aspects of Ras Abu Fontas (RAF-A2) 36 MIGD MSFE and RAF-A3 SWRO Seawater Desalination Projects for Qatar Electricity and Water Company (one of the largest independent water and power producers in the GCC region). I have appointed to the role upon request from the client on merit of
previous services provided to the client.
My role included:
- Management of the EPC Contract, Water and Power Purchase Agreements and Fuel Gas Supply.
- Technical review of project documentation and issuing design review sheets.
- Coordination with stakeholders, including Kahrama’a, QP, local municipality and Ministry of
Environment on technical and commercial issues related to the project.
- Coordination of internal and external engineering activities and the interdisciplinary interfaces in
close coordination with QEWC discipline team leaders.
- Ensuring the technical requirements defined in the EPC contract are properly incorporated into
the engineering deliverables.
- Manage and facilitate meetings with the client, contractor and third party stake holders.
- Coordinate the design review in coordination with Fichtner Main Office.
- Monitor the execution of the quality assurance program for conformance to project
- Provide the technical support for the contractor and owner on issues related to the interface
with the existing RAF Plant.
- Monitoring the plant performance, environmental and water quality compliance.
- Analyse billing system data and fuel demand model to ensure contract and invoicing are in
compliance with WPA guidelines and regulations.
- Identify any issues that may affect the billing and determined the proper course of action.
- Follow up with QEWC and off taker Kahram’a on outstanding issues related to the plant
efficiency and overall performance.
- Develop procedures for plant O&M, fiscal metering data validation and reconciliation,
developing and updating water and power dispatch procedures.
- Ensure contract compliance by reviewing support documentation and contracts against billing
- Assist QEWC on evaluation and adjudication of the plant water and power production for issuing
capacity charge invoices and output charge Invoices in accordance to WPA and PPA.
Prepare scope of work and agreements for engagement of third party experts on technical and
- commercial disputes arising after the plant take-over.
Management of Plant warranty after the take-over.